Monday 25 February 2013

27th daily sayings of light and love (St John of the Cross)


Lord God, my Beloved, if you will still remember my sins in such a way that you do not do what I beg of you, do your will concerning them, my God, which is what I most desire, and exercise your goodness and mercy, and you will be known through them.  And if you are waiting for my good works so as to hear my prayer through their means, grant them to me, and work them for me, and the sufferings you desire to accept, and let it be done.  But if you are not waiting for my works, what is it that makes you wait, my most clement Lord?  Why do you delay?  For if, after all, I am to receive the grace and mercy that I entreat of you in your Son, take my mite, since you desire it, and grant me this blessing, since you also desire that.

No comments:

Post a Comment