Thursday 14 February 2013

Struggling with my conscience

The Pope is not the only one who has to wrestle with his conscience, trying to decide what's the right thing to do.  It's that time again.  After midnight on Ash Wednesday and I'm trying to decide whether to have a bowl of cereal or not.

It's also that time of year when your kids come home from school with Trócaire boxes and you think to yourself, "if I wanted to give my money to Israeli hating lefties I'd still be a member of Amnesty International" before trying to decide whether to use them to keep your dried peas in or put them straight into the bin.

If  you can cope with reading anything more about the Holy Father's retirement/ resignation/ renunciation/ abdication Crisis Magazine has some excellent pieces, particularly this one - go visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment