Sunday 3 February 2013

How many times...


.... watching Pride and Prejudice again is one too many?

I know some people (women) think Keira Knightley is not a great actress (jealousy) but I consider her an excellent Elizabeth Bennet.

I think it's time to read some Austen again.  It's been quite a while.  I've just finished The Kill Order and feel the need for something a little more life affirming.  Why are so many books for teenagers and young adults apocalyptic?  There's the Hunger Games, the Dead (Charlie Higson), the Gone series and loads more really. I suppose when we were younger we read lots of comics that were about the War, and then later 2000A.D.

Bingley's just proposed to Jane and poor Lizzy is being happy for her and not realising her chance will come in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment