Monday 28 January 2013

Spurs out of the cup

Well Tottenham Hotspur lost to Leeds United today.  I hate going out of the FA Cup.

Despite what everyone says, all the pundits and fans and I don't care who, I like the FA Cup.  The FA Cup is my childhood.  The FA Cup is Southampton beating Man Utd in the final after my brother had already added the trophy to his MU pennant.  The FA Cup is my sister mooning over Mick Mills when Ipswich Town beat Arsenal in 1978.

The FA Cup is Danny Blanchflower and Ricky Villa.  Gascoigne kicking some Nottingham Forest guy in the chest and still missing a red card;  Gary Lineker missing a penalty.  The FA Cup is the Double in 1961.

So it's over for another year.  Good luck to Leeds United, my brother and godson's team. I hope they can go far.  They've lost their last three finals - maybe this year will be the one!

No comments:

Post a Comment